CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

numero uno

It's my first post... I'm elated.

I've been reading C.S. Lewis's "The Four Loves," and I must say... I'm not quite sure that I'm intelligent enough to read his works. :) However, upon reading his words on Affection, I came across these few marvelous sentences. This is now my new favorite quote. You may not know, but I am very indecisive, therefore it's a big deal for me to make that statement. Enjoy, for you know the words are true...

"The truly wide taste in humanity will similarly find something to appreciate in the cross-section of humanity whom one has to meet every day. In my experience it is Affection that creates this taste, teaching us first to notice, then to endure, then to smile at, then to enjoy, and finally to appreciate, the people who 'happen to be there.' Made for us? Thank God, no. They are themselves, odder than you could have believed and worth far more than we guessed."

0 comments: