CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cloudy days and down time...

I feel compelled to write something, however I have nothing important to say. The past week has been nonstop in school, and I think my brain is protesting thought right now. So, I'm going to be a couch potato for a little while. I'm going to curl up with my favorite blue and yellow blanket, and whip up a meal with the Take Home Chef.

The weather is wonderful today... cloudy and almost rainy. I love it.

OH!!! And I have the best gift coming to me this weekend. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Should the Church in politically or socially trying circumstances remain covert to avoid potential eradication by forces hostile to Christianity? Or would more open confrontation with prevailing spiritual ignorance and deprivation--even if it produced Christian martyrs--be more likely to lead to evangelistic breakthroughs? Islamic fundamentalists claim that their spiritual revolution is fueled by the blood of martyrs. Is it conceivable that Christianity's failure to thrive in the Muslim world is due to the notable absence of Christian martyrs? And can the Muslim community take seriously the claims of a Church in hiding?... The question is not whether it is wise at times to keep worship and witness discreet, but rather how long this may continue before we are guilty of 'hiding our light under a bushel... The record shows that from Jerusalem and Damascus to Ephesus and Rome, the apostles were beaten, stoned, conspired against and imprisoned for their witness. Invitations were rare, and never the basis for their missions."

I'm probably a bigger pansy than anyone...

Penny for your thoughts?

3 comments:

Joel said...

What kind of gift comes to you? That's weird...

Mark Andrew Murphy said...

Martyrs aren't as rare as we might think. Issa and Parvah Motamedi Mojdehi, and Abraham Bentar are examples of brothers and sisters in Christ "facing death all day long" for Christ's sake. www.persecution.org, and www.prisoneralert.com helps me stay in touch with them. The Voice of the Martyrs also sends weekly emails to talk about general and specific accounts. Be praying for Pastor Nam, by the way--if I remember correctly, he is in North Korea, and will probably face the death penalty for returning to North Korea to preach the gospel. Be blessed, and walk worthy, sister.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Kate McDonald's and found this quote you posted very interesting.

If you're the biggest pansy, I am so right behind you. Especially if it came to affecting my children in any way. I'm all about hiding. Shameful.

Anyway, I have a hard time hearing from American Christians about how we're all so persecuted and Christianity is being attacked and all that lately. We are so far from knowing what real persecution means that I cringe when I hear someone complain about it. It's as if our rights as an American mean more than our response as a Christian. Jesus and other authors in the Bible regularly warn of and tell about how we will have trouble in this world. To at all equate our "trouble" with that of Christians in other countries truly suffering for His name's sake is also shameful.

I kind of went off topic from the quote there a little, but the first question in the quote asks if the Church should go into hiding basically if put in a position of being severely persecuted to avoid being eradicated. The thing is, Christianity, the act of worshiping and following Christ cannot be eradicated unless all people everywhere walk away from God, denying His existence. That hasn't happened, no matter how hard anyone has tried, in the history of the world. There is always one person willing to continue to walk in the footsteps of Jesus. And that spreads again like wildfire, making me believe that Christianity cannot be eradicated. And a more important point I believe is that GOD CANNOT BE ERADICATED. And He will always accomplish what He set out to do, therefore, there will always be people that will be praising and glorifying His name.

Ok, sorry - that was way too long.