CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eggstra gross.

I love eggs. I mean, I LOVE them. They may be my favorite food right after cheese, of course. One of my favorite things to eat for lunch is scrambled eggs, and I have it down to a science. It's important to have the perfect egg/milk/salt/pepper/Tony Cachere's ratio. Today as I was raiding the kitchen in hopes of finding something I could make into a meal, I found a brand new carton of eggs. So, I start mixing them up, and quickly pour them in the pan to cook... and then I saw it.

The yolk that was almost a baby chicken.

I'm not really sure if it was almost a baby, but it definitely had kept its formation despite all of my mixing. And, friends, that's just disgusting. It reminded me of the time that I cracked the egg open to find that the insides were all hard. Did you ever do that experiment in elementary school where you soak and egg in vinegar and the shell goes away? Then you have a translucent egg left? That's what it looked like. Not what you want to see when you're making your dinner.

Sadly, Lu wasn't here to do something with the mess while I gagged, so it took twice as long to clean up. Now I get to eat pasta for lunch. Though I love pasta, it's just not as tasty when craving something else... but I doubt I'll be craving eggs again for a while.

1 comments:

Mark Andrew Murphy said...

Wow...at least you have eggcellent taste in food...eggs are great (especially between cheese, sausage, and two biscuits)!