CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

La Merce continued...

I was about to post some pictures from last weekend's trip to Valencia, but I realized that I never finished posting pictures from La Merce. These pictures are from Gigantes, the giants parade, and the popular pyromusical at Placa Espanya.


These are the giants. They represent the kings and queens of Spain's past, and they are huge! People are standing under the skirts carrying them. I imagine they were very tired by the end of the parade...

There are some little giants too! Little giants? Is that possible?


A high school band... does this bring back any memories? I saw on Facebook that my high school's marching band is headed to competition this weekend. I threw this in there for them.








These are the only ones I'm going to add of the pyromusical. It was basically a glorified fireworks show timed to music. I didn't get very good pictures because we were stuck behind a metro stop covering. The tall guy with us took these for me.

0 comments: