CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

I have no title.

I know it has been quite some time since I updated everyone on life in Spain. It has be fairly busy and exciting over the past few days! I'm now in my apartment, have met my roommate and some fellow students, and I'm in the middle of orientation! I can't remember where I left off last, so I'll just start at Thursday :) Prepare yourself for another disconnected post.

Thursday was a very very good day. Mom, Dad, and I spent some QT together around Barcelona. We didn't have any plans except to just hang out. We didn't know if it would be our last last time to hang out as our little family of 3. So, we spent a lot of time walking around the 5th Ave. of Barcelona. We went into shop after shop, and then we walked out of shop after shop. Passeig de Gracia is where Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, etc. are all located. Thus, our trips were just in and out :) Then, we headed back to the apartment to get ready for the flamenco show. Flamenco dancing is not really part of the culture in this part of Spain, but there is a restaurant that does shows for tourists like us. It was so much fun! We had a 4 course meal and a show and the food was actually really good! I expected it to be less than spectacular considering it was a touristy place. I was surprised. The stars of the night were definitely the dancers and musicians. The dance looks like just a bunch of stomping, but every move has a meaning and it's all very choreographed. And it's HARD WORK! I think I have found my calling. It doesn't matter that the rhythm in my head doesn't translate to my limbs.

Friday (yesterday) I met the KEI people at my school to start a little orientation. I've found out that orientation according to KEI/ESEI means, "we'll just kind of get together and loosely stick to the schedule and you don't really have to be here if you don't want to be." We had lunch together and moved our luggage into our apartments. That. was. it. But it was good because I got to spend the evening with my parents again! We bought a few more things for my room before they left me for the night.
Today we signed some papers and had a little tour before having another afternoon off, so I got to see my parents and grandmother a lot again today! It really has been a blessing that I've been able to spend these last couple of days with them before they leave (tomorrow).

I still think I'm better at vacationing in Europe than I am living in Europe. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Here are some of my observations for the day:
1. All showers should come equipped with a fixed shower head. Last night I had my first experience with a shower using only a handheld shower head. There is a clip to hang it above your head, but it doesn't work. I figured out that I can hold the thing between my knees while I'm washing my hair and it won't spray everything in the bathroom. I figured this out only after I had tried many other things and sprayed everything in the bathroom.
2. Clothing labels are wrong. In most of the stores they list sizing for several countries on the tag. Either we have a big problem with vanity sizing in the U.S. or the Europeans have no clue what they're talking about.
3. Flamenco dancing is really cool. Really.

I have another list to add today. If you would, please pray for these things for me:
1. That my actions, speech, and treatment of relationships here would be glorifying to the Lord and an example to believers and non-believers alike.
2. That I would not be so guarded as to not build real relationships.
3. That I find a church SOON. I won't be able to visit any tomorrow, but I've been in contact with someone here that has pointed me towards a few churches.
4. The services in the aforementioned churches are in Catalan. Yikes! I want to go to these churches anyway because of their reputation for preaching the Gospel. Pray with me that the language barrier would 1) be overcome quickly 2) be a help in forming a relationships with the people there.

I hope everything is going well in Alabama and beyond! I pray for you!

Oh, and, WAR EAGLE!!!!

0 comments: