CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh, Spain...

...why must you celebrate holidays when it's inconvenient for me?!

Anna and I need to go to IKEA. Actually, I really need to get to IKEA, and Anna just wants to tag along.

Our trip to IKEA was all for naught. I know that the Spanish take their holidays and rest very seriously, but I never thought that an establishment as large as IKEA would be affected by this. I was wrong. VERY wrong. We even called to make sure! After switching trains in Placa Catalunya and then riding to the next to last stop on the L1, we talked to several unknowledgable (word or not?) people to find the location of this beloved store. How could anyone miss that they have an IKEA in their neighborhood. Are they blind? We finally figured out that bus 79 would take us there. I never saw the parking lot, but both the driver and Anna confirmed that the store we all know and love was closed.

So, maybe tomorrow I will be able to replace the pot with the handle that hangs down at a 45 degree angle. Maybe tomorrow I can get a mirror for my room so that Anna doesn't have to wait on me to get ready. Maybe tomorrow I will get my rug and start feeling comfortable walking around my room without shoes. Maybe tomorrow I'll have plastic containers so we can start keeping leftovers. Maybe, just maybe...

0 comments: